Upgrade to animal-free premium albumin
License production strains for premium recombinant serum albumins to solve your manufacturing headaches, enhance your product performance – and gain patent protection.
Our QTL technology uses baker’s yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae to deliver optimised production strains for rHSA or rBSA that:
- Batch-to-batch inconsistencies and unwanted contaminants.
- Regulatory compliance issues and viral/prion infection risks.
- Supply chain disruptions.
- Product performance problems associated with animal derived albumins.
- Sustainability, ethical and animal welfare concerns.
- Access to affordable high quality recombinant albumin.
- Patent protection for your animal free products.
- Improved product performance.
- Protection against chemical stress.
- Increased product shelf life.
- Higher diagnostic sensitivity.
- Enhanced cell culture performance.
Switching is simple
Our strains provide:
- Higher quality recombinant albumins than plasma and animal derived albumins.
- Nature identical to albumins for a range of animal species.
- Capability for manufacturing in-house or with a CDMO.
How it works
Premium recombinant albumin provides improved product performance compared to animal-derived albumins due to:
- A high free-thiol content that protects against oxidation stress and scavenging free radicals.
- Binding toxins and inhibitors that protect against chemical stress.
- Coating hydrophilic and hydrophobic surfaces.
- Acting as a pH buffer and/or cryopreservative.
Recombinant human albumin from baker’s yeast has been shown independently to have fewer post-translational modifications than plasma-derived albumin or recombinant human albumin from rice or Pichia pastoris (Frahm et al. 2014).
Reach out to arrange an informal discussion about your albumin requirements – with no obligation to proceed.
Together, we can explore your options to license or develop a bespoke Phenotypeca production strain for recombinant human serum albumin (rHSA) or recombinant bovine serum albumin (rBSA) – and obtain IP protection for your animal-free products.
All our strains are available for you to manufacture in-house or with a CDMO.